View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #50
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I'm still asking myself why do I see Lord of the Rings on this list. You can't compare the depth of the book with the movie. Don't get me wrong, the movie was great but the book was more than that.
I loved the ents scene in the movie. However, when I read it in the book, I kept turning the page and thought, we are still here?

My husband loves Tolkien, and his brother is even more of a Tolkien geek, but I just couldn't get into it. But for me, I am not really into fantasy, and I didn't really find the desire to learn the languages Tolkien created appealing. (Although I was suitably impressed that he actually created unique languages for his characters to speak in from time to time). Every time someone broke into poetry reading or reciting in the book I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I've read the entire series, my husband and I together, and I have no desire for a re-read.

EDIT: well, that last sentence is not entirely true. A re-read is possible, but I like good long breaks between. I've read the whole thing twice, so I don't even dislike the books.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 02-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote