View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenp View Post
The text was sharp but I found the "wobbly nav-bar thingo" cumbersome to use and the screen contrast was poor. It was quite dark and yes, it was fully refreshed. Not sure if it has a partial refresh anyway. Is this the case with the E-Ink Pearl displays as well?
IMHO the Story HD offers pretty much the same contrast as the other models. I hade a Kindle 4 Nontouch for a couple days and color wise the display was very similar to the Story HD. I posted a picture here (created using a flatbet scanner in a single pass): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=107

I love the "wobbly nav-bar thingo", couldn't handle the side keys on the Kindle (although I hear they are wider / better reachable on the other kindles). In the end it's just something you get used to I guess.

I don't want touchscreens so touch models just arent an option for me.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote