View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ lol. OK, fair enough since this is a test we will never be able to try in person

Still, I have yet to meet anyone in real life who can match me for speed and accuracy and in my business I meet A LOT of people from all walks of life and nearly all levels of professional achievement. And I myself am not even that particularly fast - just pretty well familiar with BB after so many years usage.

To be fair [and to prove I am not such an old fashioned curmudgeon stuck on BB], I have seen amazing vids of speedfreaks using touchscreens. But I gotta believe that those folks, just like people who can speed type at 70wpm and higher are in the vast minority.

One area where touchscreen input is clearly superior though is for Asian based languages - for those, the swipe recognition is without peer from what I have observed. Here in HK people can be incredibly quick while writing Chinese characters.

And FWIW, no fingernails typing for me ever on BB keyboard lols My fingers are normal average male size and I keep my nails nice and tidy.

@Namekuseijin, just out of curiosity, have you ever tried a Blackberry keypad?

Last edited by lestatar; 07-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote