View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
latruffe
latruffe began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (623), fw 4.3
PocketBook Touch Lux (623) : various questions

Hello,
new owner of a PocketBook Lux Touch , I have 3 points to deal with, because the official manual is not very detailed as fa as technical questions are concerned :

- With USB connection to a PC , I removed the books from the main memory of my PB. I also added some. Then, out USB connection, I normally used my PB. But some deleted books still appeared in the Library , with a size of -1 MB and were inaccessible. How in this situation resynchronize the Library with what actually exists on the ebook reader ? Is it a flat file , or a real database ( mysql, ... ) that I could manually edit or access ?
Note: since I reset the database from scratch by reformatting the main memory and reimporting my books. But I would like to know how to fix it, in case the issue reappear.

- Some books (in this case with epub format) are displayed with their coverage , and some other not. Previously, with the software "calibre" I had added all the books with its cover. Is there specifications for the image to appear ( png , jpg, ... resolutions , ...)?
Note: If necessary , I can send personal message for an example of two of my books with covers almost the same size but only one is displayed.

- Always using the software "calibre" , I fill in the type of books in the field "Tags". For example , Thriller , Fantasy , ... With a single keyword for each book (I read on a forum that the ebook reader did not manage several labels while calibre allows to fill in several, comma separated ). However, the PB when sorting by Type , only the Thriller type appears. Are there constraints about the values ​​or how to initialize this field ?
Note: I can send a sample by personnal message 2 of my books, only one has a type that appears.

PI : I 'm with firmware 4.3

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Regards
latruffe is offline   Reply With Quote