View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love this overflow of books I want to read! (Personally, the horror/mystical/fantasy books aren't my thing despite their general popularity with most scifi readers, but almost everything else has been very interesting to me.) Being overwhelmed with good chioces is much better than browsing PG aimlessly hoping to find something that catches my eye, and then referencing against Amazon or Wikipedia to try and see if I still want to read it after a description is found.

I've read some of the Father Brown books before and they weren't exciting enough to keep me reading the whole lot, but like a lot of books, sometimes it takes more than one try before I get through things. My own mental deficiencies, I'm sure.

But they are relatively famous mysteries, and unlike most books, there is even a scene that sticks in my head from one of them. Usually, nothing really sticks, but even after maybe 5-10yrs, I still remember a scene with a restaurant up some stairs that was the scene of (I hope) one of his mysteries. I might check it out to remember that story if nothing else! But books are always more fun when formatted nicer also!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote