Thread: Arc Kobo Arc?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.culloch View Post
Not long a go I posted asking if anyone knew of a new tablet and now we know. Not one but three. It will be interesting to see how well they manage the upgrades after the mess they made of the touch 2.00 upgrade.

For me it's time out on the kobo tablet experience. My vox never manages to post what I am reading to face book, the pulse experience is flat because it seems that people do not know how to use it. I have already decided to replace my vox with my playbook and use the kobo application. I also have my touch which I still enjoy reading. So sorry kobo I have had enough of your tablet reading experience which feels like a gimmick to me when you get down to it. One other thing will you be able to load DRM epubs on to the arc that have not been bought from the kobo store. I have always thought that not being able to import non kobo DRM books on to the vox flew in the face of the kobo reading mission.
Agree with all of this. I was really eager to have the 'social e-reading exprience' on the Vox but it never really panned out. No one uses it. Instead, I discovered Goodreads, and it has COMPLETELY satisfied my social e-reading experience - to the degree that any other app would never be able to do.

I was thinking the Fire would be a cool purchase, since I have a lot of Amazone Kindle books, but now I am thinking a Samsung tablet would make the most sense, since I am loving my Samsung phone.

Whatever happens, I am in no hurry. I like the looks of the Kobo Glo for a new piece of tech to get excited over. I still don't have a Touch, so a Glo would kill two birds with one stone!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote