View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Did anyone else's Chinese dictionaries (official Chinese to Chinese one included) break since the 5.3.1 update? They can still search and find the definition, but previously they'd look for the compound if they could. That is to say, it would see that the two characters or four characters belong together. Now it just searches the single word unless you explicitly search for the compound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nible View Post
Anyway, I was just going to ask, if I may, if this dictionary works with both traditional Chinese and simplified. So, does it? I might be going to Taiwan next year and if I do, I will have to learn traditional Characters.
Yep, all of the Chinese dictionaries will work either way. That is to say they'll still display the definition in whatever format the dictionary is in, but the input can be either traditional or simplified. In the case with the YEDICT here, it is in traditional, but when you hover over a simplified word, it'll display both the simplified character and the traditional side by side.
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote