View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
I can (try to) put the conspiracy theories to rest

Can't say why the post was removed, but what I can say is that the rumour is false.

Kobo Aura was in development for more than a year during which time we worked very closely on ground-up R&D with our partners at eInk to bring this fantastic 6.8" 1440x1080 screen to market.
Can you shed any light on why Kobo followed up the September launch with a launch in April? It breaks the pattern of the previous launches.

Also, feel free to post a denial on the original story:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...a-nook-glow-hd

I won't bite, I promise.
I guess Sameer is one of the Kobo folks that refuses to talk top me. Since he will not say anything, allow me.

I think he's being deliberately misleading.

I've read his comment carefully and he doesn't actually deny the rumor I reported. He did a very good job of tiptoeing around the rumor, but he does not actually make a statement contrary to the rumor.

He says that the Aura HD was under development for "more than a year" but he makes no statement about the intended launch date. He said nothing about whether B&N was going to buy the screens for a Spring launch. He also didn't say anything about whether Kobo changed their launch date.

At this point the only response Kobo has made is an obfuscation, not a denial. Absent any other statement I am going to conclude that they are avoiding an explicit denial because it would be a lie.

While I respect them for trying to avoid lying, at this point the lack of a denial is an admission that the rumor is true.