View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
Actually, cilantro and coriander are the same plant. Cumin is a different plant, entirely.

Here in the states, the leaves are usually referred to as cilantro and the dried seeds as coriander.

Wikipedia entry for Coriander
I've been under the wrong impression since for ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I got two upper respiratory infections. After the second, I couldn't run ¼ the way around the track for the qualifications. The next day I was feeling a bit better, but was penalized for my performance on the track by being made to run up and down the company while the company jogged 7 miles to the rifle range. The day following that I was back in the hospital for a third stay—this time with pneumonia. It's nothing short of astounding that with all of this occurring within an eight week period I wasn't recycled. The only thing that saved me was that trainees at Ft. Jackson at the time were dropping dead from spinal meningitis during training, and the Army wanted to get as many people as possible through basic before it became a public scandal.
oh wow! very similar story! I came from Colorado to Jackson in February, so essentially from hardly ever more than 7% humidity to an average of what... 70% plus? I got sick, kept going to sick call, would get robitussin and told to go back to duty. every day I got sicker and sicker... I will never forget standing in morning formation and feeling the freezing humidity going into my lungs as I would start that horrid barking cough. I kept getting accused of "malingering". finally I passed out in the mess hall and didn't snap out of it. I woke up in the ER with a 105 fever. part of the brilliant treatment while in the hospital was being forced to sit in the freezing hallway and drinking ice water to make my fever come down. my drill sgt. DID come apologize to me. I was either a week or ten days in, can't recall. fortunately I was able to pick up with a platoon that was at the same day in training as when I went into the hospital and I didn't have to start from the beginning. it was still pretty tough as I was pretty weak and not entirely healthy
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote