Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #672
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldomenguzzi View Post
I was wondering specifically what "language edition" since it seems that the german and russian are better (support more languaguages ??).
If you are talking about dictionaries, those are installed when the device is first provisioned by the company or distributor. You don't get any dictionaries inside the firmware updates. If you are looking for other dictionaries, then you can find some for sale at the Obreey store. There's also a thread on dictionaries in this group, where some people have uploaded or given links to custom-built dictionaries.

Fonts are provided in the firmware, I believe, but you can always add your own to /system/fonts/ without needing to update the device.

You can download more text-to-speech voices from the PocketBook web site. You can only have four voices at a time installed on the device, so you usually have to uninstall one before installing another. The User Manual explains the process pretty well.

I have an old 902, so I'll leave comments about the best 912 firmware to someone else.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote