View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Y060N
Y060N began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3
First let me say thanks for your quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You could theoretically define "real" page numbers in a page map, however, AFAIK, this feature is still not supported for self-published books. I.e., you'll have to change all references to specific page numbers in your book to references to chapter or section headings. (You could also hyperlink specific paragraphs (or other elements) by adding id attributes to them in Code View mode.)
I see. As long as it doesn't matter in the ebook then it doesn't matter so much to me. When I read my ebook through the kindle for PC I see there is a "skip to next section" and that's where things start messing up. If I just go page by page, I don't have a problem.

Quote:
Shouldn't happen unless you used the same images or image names in different chapters. Did you check the ePub with Sigil's FlightCrew validator and IDPF's ePubCheck online, prior to the conversion with Kindle Previewer/KindleGen?
I don't use different images in the book, they are all unique. I've checked my HTML validation with Sigil and there's no problems found. The online tool has a limit of 10 MB. My final size was 41.1MB with all the images as compressed as I could get them (It's around 440 images).

The only real problem starts happening if I start using the "skip to next section" in my ereader tools. If I don't use that, the images show up fine and in the correct order. I just don't want something happening where peoples are downloading the book and seeing incorrect images for the recipes - seems unprofessional.

Quote:
AFAIK, the best way to do this is to add an image to the ePub in Sigil, and to mark it as a cover image by right-clicking it and selecting Add Semantics > Cover Image. IIRC, you'll also need upload a high-res marketing cover image together with the book.
I see, I've gone ahead and done that. Hopefully that will solve the problem. As far as I read, Amazon will supposedly reject my book if there is a double cover anyway, is that correct?

----

The ebook is pretty much ready to go. If I upload the ePub to amazon, they strip the source out of it, correct? When I use KindleGen to convert to .mobi the book looks fine with no alterations so I was planning to just have amazon do it on their side.
Y060N is offline   Reply With Quote