View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
It's not invisible. I have the previous Kindle Touch and the difference is very apparent to me. Particularly as I have become accustomed to that screen.

The difference that you're seeing isn't the tiny amount of residual light, it's the two layers of material necessary to diffuse the light and detect your touch. The screen looks very different because it IS different. You can see that the text it below the surface, whereas before it looked like it was practically ON the surface. You can see the fine dots for the capacitive layer if you look closely. What you cannot see is the light, it's just physically impossible. I have extremely light sensitive eyes, so much that my eye doctors always tell me that I should be sure to always wear sunglasses outdoors and I can tell the difference between glass & polycarbonate lenses, yet I *CANNOT* detect any difference between levels 1,2,3, or 4 in a lit room, which means that I'm definitely not seeing the light at level 0.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote