View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
In answer to your question as to "why" they request an email address instead of just forwarding you upon payment to a download page - it's so they can send you advertisements and sell your email address. It's designed that way on purpose. All that folks have said above is certainly true in a technical sense but there are other ways of providing you the ability download it. This is the reason they want the email address.
My practical experience suggests that this is untrue. I have a hotmail account that I use purely for registering with stores with. I always check the "Please don't send me any information" box. That account has not received one spam message in over three years. Zero.

What bookstores have sold your e-mail address resulting in your receiving spam?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote