View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The article recounts how Steve Jobs used the power of the iTunes Store to force the record companies to go DRM-free.
Of course the companies had already been DRM-free on Amazon (in the US) for quite some time. I'd like to think Amazon would want to do the same in the ebook business, but I haven't seen the evidence yet. It is certainly possible that the publishers are the sole roadblock.

However, Amazon being in the ebook hardware business, tweaking Mobipocket DRM and not selling Kindle books (yet!) to folks using other devices...well, they don't give me the warm fuzzies about their intentions with respect to selling DRM-free ebooks.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote