View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Excessive screen flashing?

Hi,

I'm looking for an epub format book reader, and it looks like the new PRS-T1 is currently the best choice.

I haven't had a chance to see one in the flesh yet so I've been watching some of the video reviews of the PRS-T1 on YouTube, and am slightly alarmed at the amount of screen flashing that occurs in non-reading bits of the UI, e.g. the Sony book store.

(I'm not sure what you call this, but it is where the screen goes to black and then redraws.)

Is this flashing an artefact of the YouTube videos? Are there settings to reduce the flashing during page turns, like the new Kindles?

Chris
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote