View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #14
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
I know how you feel about the threads fbdev, but I agree with Barty--I think it's much less likely that important info will be lost & buried if we keep things to one major thread.

Also, regarding Barty's kinamp request:
I couldn't figure it out from the source, but I'm assuming you currently use the mplayer slave cmd get_file_name for the fb display? And that in order to fulfill his request you would need to change it to get_meta_title, right?

That would suck for local file playing.. well, for the way I use it at least. Currently I can get all the info I need by seeing the file name (ALBUM/##. TITLE) .... Long story short, if you decide to mess with this at all fbdev, I would propose conditionally using get_meta_title only on streams.

On the other hand, whatever you do.. I could use a reason to setup scratchbox and really start messing with this myself.

OH speaking of which: If you haven't already, please follow a tail on messages while kinamp + mplayer are playing a file. Please tell me you haven't noticed this before. Either way, don't you think it's a bit crazy to be causing syslog-ng (& tinyrot) to be writing to the flash so much? I only just realized this today and haven't taken the time to figure out adding an exception for all that eink_fb crap (tho I did try stopping syslog-ng to no avail--something restarts it within 10 seconds).

Last edited by ryran; 09-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote