View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
But you also have to consider that when I spend $18.00 for a discounted hardback book, I have a physical copy that I can sell, trade, or lend to someone else. Why would I spend $15.00 for an electronic copy that is locked not only to me, but to a specific device that I currently own? The price for the eBook needs to be high enough to provide a reasonable return to the author and publisher without gouging the consumer.
That's a very well spoken/typed opinion Elsi. I agree completely and it is good to see that some authors agree with us. I think Joe was saying that he'd like to see ebooks priced lower than there physical brothers and sisters.

The way I see it is this. When there is a book I want I am going to buy it. To a point. If I don't want to spend a lot of money on a book I wait for paperback rather than splurging on the hardcover. So why not give us a third price point. When the book is in hard cover, sell the ebook for 50%-70% of the hard cover price. And then when you release the paperback drop the ebook to 50%-70% of that price. That way you still make a little extra on the ebooks if people can't wait the 9-12 months for the cheaper version.

deposit .02

Mike
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote