View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookathon View Post
Ok I understand now that it is a manufacturing defect not a bug, how would you know that your kindle2 will not suffer from sunlight defect or low text contrast?
You try it out. If you have the defect, Amazon is more than willing to send you a replacement free and you can send the defective one back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookathon View Post
Now after seeing this new defect I firmly believe no body has ever beta tested this K2 not even its product manager, if they had its easy to catch.
I do think the QA at the manufacturing facility is suspect, given other people who have had issues with buttons not being properly seated. The sunlight issue has to be a manufacturing defect in the displays, so that's E Ink's fault and not Amazon's, though I'm somewhat baffled as to explaining a mechanism for the flaw. If UV light somehow messes with the screen, the ones that work fine must have some sort of coating that the others didn't get. Or perhaps there's some gas in the screen matrix that the UV light excites?

To reiterate, the good K2s seem to work fine. It's just there's a lot of bad K2s out there, which Amazon is replacing as fast as they can.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote