View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I want to know where they got their figures.
I don't think Amazon gives out their figures. I don't think anyone does.
Oh and last time I looked people read on their smart phones and tablets.
Not to mention Kindle is not the only ereader.

This could lead to an interesting discussion but I consider headlines like this nothing more than click bait for the author of the article.

And the poster above me is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm willing to give them the presumption that e-book sales have fallen. But the arguments proposed seem to have nothing to do with the why of it.

How has the reading experience of your average, bog-standard paperback fiction book changed? That's a feature, not a bug.

That argument always falls flat with me. It assumes that every book purchased is an antique edition of a Henry James literary classic.

Does a beaten-up paperback copy of Fifty Shades of Grey, or the latest James Patterson hard cover have any more beauty than a Kindle Oasis in its cover?
+1
I should start fabricating random stats, and make up articles containing unsupportable explanations about them. Click Bait seems like a good side gig.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote