View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The article is very focused on physical books, ebooks are really just mentioned in passing. The ebook decline is based on a survey by some marking firm. Rather obviously, no one releases their actual sales figures.

I can well believe that the growth in ebooks has slowed quite a bit since the 2012-2014 time period. I suspect that a lot of the big growth was fueled by people filling out their libraries with all their favorites. Now that they have done this, the purchases have slowed down to the new books coming out or people discovering new authors.
I believe the decline too. My own quick research would say a drop of 25% or more.
I will start at 2012. This is digital orders and less than 100 over the years are apps.
2012-1922
2013-5035
2014-1815
2015-1215
2016-243
2017 through April 27-26
Note: this is just one person's orders. It may or may not reflect anyone's else's buying.

It has nothing to do with what I am reading on.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote