View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDriver View Post
I have updated the companion to 1.2
I have enabled calibre to pass through the windows firewall
On running calibre on the pc with the wireless connection enabled, then went to the area where there is wifi and started the app, which immediately asked if the ip addresses were correct, as it could not id calibre. (they are)
What that tells me is that your wifi is not on the same "local network" as calibre. That is, the IP address of the machine running calibre is not visible from wifi. Unfortunately, this theory is not supported by your debug log. On the other hand, whatever the app connects to is not responding within a two seconds thereby producing calibre's message, so things are very confused.

One way to help verify that the two networks can communicate is to start calibre's content server, then attempt to connect to it from your tablet. This process removes the effects of any lingering bugs in either our calibre driver or the app.

If your device can see calibre's content server, then we must have another set of problems. I suspect firewalls and routers, but I cannot prove that.
Quote:
One thing which does occur to me is that the books & database are kept on a NAS drive which is configured as a drive on the host machine. As the NAS drive has its own IP address could this cause problems?
It shouldn't, assuming that it doesn't slow down calibre too much. Our app expects calibre to be able to respond within 2 seconds of a connection request. That might be tight if calibre is busy hitting the network.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote