View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDriver View Post
I have d/l and installed the app, and have these comments:
  • Connection *seems* to be instant, and a circle rotates along with the words 'Synching with calibre' etc
  • The box disappears instantly the screen is touched, and the connection seems to be broken as 'connect' appears on the top menu, instead of 'disconnect'
Yes, it does. This is a bug. The best I can say at this point is "don't do that".
Quote:
  • If I rotate the screen the box goes, but this time the connectioin seems to stay
Yes. This is the same as the problem that was mentioned in the problems section in the first post.
Quote:
  • I have a big database (6500 books) and it has been connected for 45mions so far.
The size of the books database is not relevant. What matters is the number of books that have been sent to the device.

By any chance did you specify an IP address and a port? If so, did you use the port of the content server? If so, then that is the cause of the problem. See the updated FAQ response #1 in the first post.
Quote:
  • It would be good if there was some indication of the data volume having been transmitted, as I have little faith in WiFi. Having a connection is one thing, having a useful one is quite different.
There is a progress dialog when doing longer things like downloading books. The fact that you are seeing extremely long delays but are not seeing a progress dialog tells me that something else is going wrong. We have seen this behavior before when calibre's content server IP address & port were given to the app instead of the port of the smartdevice driver.
Quote:
I am now sitting and waiting for some evidence of data on the Nexus
For a new connection where no books have been transferred, the initial synchronization takes seconds.

If you have not given calibre's content server port to the app then I suggest that your run calibre in debug mode as described in FAQ item # 3. That will tell us whether or not the app is connecting properly, and if so what the app is actually doing from calibre's perspective.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote