View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
so it's not interesting? Otherwise feel free to read the whole thread before jumping to a conclusion, it helps the conversation.
OK, let me read the entire (short) thread......

Do I find it interesting??? Still, no. Now you do me a favor. Type "Kno" in the search bar see how late you are into the news game. Perhaps you will also find references to the many times I've changed my device list while I anticipated Kno's arrival.

Perhaps to you it is interesting, because to you this is news. For me, it isn't news, it's the same ol', same ol'. I've been following Kno for a year and pre-ordered one last year. I have been having this conversation with several people that currently work, and formerly worked for Kno, and and a dozen or so other pre-orders that have been following Kno and wondering why a Kno tablet hasn't arrived on their doorstep.

I knew something was up when they started laying off workers in January, that would be after they called me to tell me that shipment would be delayed twice (Dec 20th, and Jan 12th) than called in late January to tell me that the January 30th ship date would be delayed indefinitely. On February 14th, I got another call. Shipment has been delayed an additional 60 days. Now I am getting the same ol', same ol', which is no longer news, but is what I expected, that I should anticipate a call from Kno sometime today to tell me that my, and all, pre-orders have been cancelled.

So you ask me,"Is this interesting?" I answered, "No." Interesting would be Kno has decided to honor their promise and ship out the orders that they started taking 5 months ago. That would be most shocking and news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
It's a THOUGHT EXPERIMENT of what could be done. I do not think the dual screen would be too cumbersome, then again I've done a push-up once in my life.

And I do not see how the ability to daisy chain the devices would force one to study anywhere. Nobody suggested once connected they could not be disconnected and/or recombined into a configuration needed at the moment.

Try thinking beyond yourself and let the idea flow beyond your needs and wants. The more flexible the design the better for all parties involved.
Congratulations, you can do a push-up. If you can do a pull-up as well, I'll be really impressed. BTW, cumbersome does not denote weight, it denotes mass. My down comforter is cumbersome.

I'll try to think beyond myself if you try to think past the year 2002. Daisy chains are old technology, wireless connectivity is current. Daisy chains are for HDDs sitting on your desk, not portable tablets that are meant to be mobile. Where have you been? Technology moved away from wired technology a few years ago. Do you really think daisy chained tablets are the way to go in 2011?

Last edited by SolRaven; 04-11-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: grammar
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote