View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
Here is what I see Intel might design.

What I think what Intel will do, based on the original news article, is to finish or refine the existing hardware design. Obviously they will leverage their own processors AND their NVIDIA graphics hardware as well.

It could be they design several versions of the device. A gaming device might not be unreasonable as well as a student and professional device then the customer could then device what two halves they want to buy for their complete device. Heck it could be a whole system with the ability to daisy-chain panels together with no true limit on expandability.

Now how cool would that be?
Remember, Intel has no plans to build a tablet, but sell/lease the the hardware design to builders.

As for the daisy chain, it has been suggested to Kno several times to detach the panels and add blue tooth so that they can talk to each other. The dual tablet was too cumbersome IMO. It would force me to do all of my studying while sitting at a desk. That means, my days of curling up on the sofa would be gone. If the tablets could "talk" to one another, one tablet could be propped up, while I hold the other and taken written notes.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote