View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
You and me both. I really want a device like the Kno. And I like the idea the original Kno company is focusing on the software as that is the area all ereading devices are seriously lacking. There are just no decent options.

Here is the link to the full news article about the move, I missed it in the original article:
http://kara.allthingsd.com/20110407/...-hardware-biz/

What seems to have happened is Intel actually licensed the device, hardware & design. They are moving forward with the design and would then license the design to OEM partners who want to make devices based on the platform. I really like this idea a lot. Hopefully the price would still remain reasonable at $600-$900 as long as it is robust enough to get the job done.

This might also be a way for publishers to get a mature hardware design allowing them to sell their own branded version with their subscriptions or other content.

And it's about time we had some new interesting happenings in the ereader-slate device market. Nothing so far has been all that compelling.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote