View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Dernhelm
Dernhelm began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
eReader & eWriter

I'm searching high and low for information on a couple of these eReaders (by which I mean any of these eBook readers with an eInk display), and it just doesn't seem to be out there! Perhaps there are some owners who would be in a position to tell me what the reviewers and promotion pages do not say!

I would like to write plain .txt files with my eReader.

Alternatively, with WiFi I could use some online app—or even save-as-draft in Gmail would be enough.

I don't require an amazing keyboard, as I'm really not going to be doing a lot of typing. But I doubt a touchscreen keyboard is quite going to hack it. The PocketReader 302 claims on the home page to allow the connection of a keyboard via USB. It also has bluetooth..maybe not possible to use that with a bluetooth keyboard though. Is this the solution? Add this [<--take a look!] to the black 302 and it would be a pretty neat little text editor/eReader! If it worked. If anyone knows if a USB keyboard works on the PocketBook 302 I would SO like to know!

I'll admit that my first choice was the Sony Reader Daily Edition. The size is perfect, in my opinion, and it's just a really solid little gadget. (I'm a fast reader. I want a reasonably large amount of text on the screen without the reader being huge.) The WiFi is limited to their bookstore though. Is anyone aware of a way to...hack this one so it would cooperate with my requirements?

If anyone is aware of another eReader that would help me with reading AND writing basic text files with an eInk display so I can work outside comfortably...I'd be so happy to hear of it!!!

Thank you for any hints, tips, help, info...etc. which you may yet share!
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote