View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #278
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This would be copyright infringement. You can't buy a paper book and then give copies of it to anyone you wish to - do you really think that you should be able to do so for eBooks?
According to my proposal, this would not be copyright infringement. Of course, if you give a copy of your media to people who you don't fully trust, you can expect sooner or later to get into trouble for illegal distribution of media. So you won't do that.

Ebooks are not paper books. At the moment, vendors get full advantage of the difference (e.g., no print costs) and consumers can't (e.g., you can't give your books to your friends or family to read; you can't even let your family get your library if you die!).
My idea is that it is possible to acknowledge the difference between ebooks and pbooks and share the advantages between sellers and buyers.

By the way, pbooks are not tied to physical readers or licenses. Everyone in my home can read one of my pbooks, at the same time, with no copyright infringement. On the contrary, if I lend my Kindle to someone I can't read anything until it gets back.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote