View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #272
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Briss on Linux (LMDE 64 bits)

I wonder how I could do so long without it. Very efficient. Thanks very much.

I used it for several PDF images books from Gallica (each one is over 300 pages, 7 to 10 megs, 300 dpi on average). Works perfectly. The resulting "cropped" pdf is converted to images by pdfimages in usually about ten seconds. Wonderful tools to begin an OCR job!!

1. - I have even the feeling that Briss corrects the inclination? The results on slightly slanted text zones seems somewhat better when I use Briss. Am I wrong?

2. - If i wish to explain neatly what Briss is doing and how it works, which up-to-date documentation would you recommend?

Last edited by roger64; 06-26-2012 at 06:33 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote