View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #190
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
It is just horror for me to think I'd have thousands of books piled up "just in case" to manage in calibre, sort, put in collections, organise and waste my reading time doing that. But as Han Solo said "hey, it's me"
It takes me about 5 minutes for each book to download, de_DRM, add to Calibre, edit genres, series, titles, pub dates, ect then send it to my reader and add it to it's author/collection. I don't stockpile unread books. I buy as I want to read them except in the case of replacing paper editions I've already read. It's a one time chore for each book and I'm doing it one at a time as needed. Once done and on my reader since I reread favorites a lot it makes it really easy to browse author names and pick out whatever book I feel like at the moment. I've only about 900 on my reader not thousands, yet, but it's a lot quicker browsing my collections than my archive which is the equilivant of keeping all your paper books not in organized shelves but in a large pit with the newest books thrown on top and the rest buried, somewhere, in the depths. Just a little hard to dig out the specific book you want. You can tell I'm a little unimpressed with Amazon's archive, cloud and the Manage your kindle interface.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote