View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #56
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You do not need any excuse for that. What you need is a reason to pay for it since the natural state of information is free. Just pretending like you do that the natural state is paying and not acknowledge that this is historically a minority opinion makes your arguments simplistic and from my viewpoint wrong.

And the reason to pay is of course to stimulate creation. And then the question becomes if paying in the way we do now is the best way to stimulate creation.
I am not sure if we can say that the reason to pay is to stimulate creation. Sure the thought of compensation is probably there, monetary or otherwise, but I have to think that the main impetus for creation is creation itself.

I doubt that our methods of distribution and compensation are the best.

The title of this thread should of course become should we be able to transfer our ebooks to anyone and everyone. I don't think that's advocating piracy, just taking the idea of discounts to its logical conclusion, a price of zero.

Last edited by Giggleton; 09-19-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote