View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
TVGuide for PocketPC 0.6 released

Yesterday I stumbled over TVGuide for PocketPC, a free, tiny (~250Kb) application to put TV schedules on your PPC device. If you enjoy watching TV, this is a must-have!

To use TVGuide, you need to download the following three tools (all free):
1. vguide-ppc (0.6.0.127 is most current as of today)
2. xmltv (0.5.37 is most current as of today)
3. XML2TVGuide data converter (to convert XMLTV files to TVGuide format)

The documentation of each tool is self-explanatory. First start with xmltv, to scrape the latest TV information from an online source of your choice. Then you must use the XML2TVGuide converter to reformat the xmltv files. The resulting converted files you simply copy somewhere on your PPC (I use a new directory on my SD Card). The first time you start TVGuide, it will ask you to point to this location.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

There are at least two other similar products, Pocket TV Listings and Pocket TV Browser. Feel free to check them out as well.