View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
BDP1
BDP1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Table of Contents

Hello,
I've searched through the forum and have not been able to find a post that precisely addresses my question. I'm a beginner with the Calibre software but so far I have been able to scan several chapters of a book, port them into Word 2007, create a table of contents, save the file as an html document, successfully use Calibre to create a mobi file, and download the file to my Kindle 3. My Kindle recognizes everything, including the table of contents. The links in the TOC are active and work as desired. I even see the little tic marks on the progress line on the bottom of the pages where you can tab to the start of each chapter using the 5-way button. My question is a simple one. I have all this working correctly but the thing I cannot get to work is when I press the Kindle 'Menu' key, and then click 'Go to...', The 'Table of Contents' selection is grayed out. It would seem this would be active so I could easily tab to the TOC. Can somone give me an idea as to how to surrmount this final obstacle? Other than this small thing, everything is working perfectly.

many thanks,
Brian P
BDP1 is offline   Reply With Quote