View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never seen an MS Reader books with the same problem of small graphics. But I have seen the problem with a Mobipocket file where the graphics are very important to the book. So in effect because f backwards computability, the Mobi format book was a total bit of useless nothing. What Mobipocket needs to do is rewrite the readers for PDAs/cell phones and other smallish screens and make it so the images get reduced in size by the reading software. That way they can support proper sized images for devcices such as the Kindle, gen3, and iLiad. I know you can make your own books using jpeg images and have them be a decent size. But that does not help if you purchase a book what has images and the images are useless.
You say that if you want to buy a lit book and convert it the images will work better on a Sony. So I asked you for an exemple file so I can see that this is really true since you said in another place that all lit files you had looked at had jpg and with the -jpeg flag to mobigen images has a bigger size.

I assume you can buy Sony format books that have not been properly produced also.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote