View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i wish there were an eink reader for under $200

when i bought my cybook, i thought i'd be carrying it with me everywhere i went. after i got it, i realized there was no really protective case for it and it was fragile - and i decided to leave it at home. after all, if it breaks, i won't be able to read the ebooks inside it till it returned.

i was reading the long Astak Mentor thread, and it seemed that a lot of people are looking for a $200 or less eink reader, and most of us would gladly forgo most features to have it, although i did notice a lot of people would like dictionary lookup. i'd forgo that, too, for a low enough priced reader so i wouldn't have to worry too much if it broke. don't need or want touchscreen, lighting, music. i just want it to have an eink screen and to read. oh, and a 5 inch screen would be fine, although smaller i find annoying.

i think i'd even do without the ability to read protected files for a reader that low in price, although i wouldn't on my main reader.

so what about you? if there were a reader for say $175 to $200, would you buy it and what features could you live without?
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote