View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #930
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
Hi, I own a KPW 5.3.1 and installed the Kpv using Kpvbooklet 0.4.2a.
It does not work perfectly. The program is slow and the menus do not always work. Major problems with landscape mode (menu "sreenmode" does not work, the menu "screen rotate" does not work, only works "Vertical text" but not perfectly). The text of the pdf sometimes fade.
Hypertext epub files do not work.
In the folder I also found Kite and Launchpad but I have not copied to the Kindle, I had to install them?
Thank you.
P.S.: use google translator, sorry.
Okay so I tested it.

This is INTERIM code. not complete by any means.

The GIT says things like "... The menu's such a they are ..." which should give you a sense of just how finished this is. not very.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I built the TS version and tried launching it with KUAL.

I noted a couple of the things you did. landscape issues for example. Best noted on the GIT. or fixed up and issued as a PULL to chrox.

you also mentioned some "intermittent issues" like "fading text" - I noted this once or twice but didn't get a solid read on what was going on yet. no use-case repeatable fails just yet.

Either way. Miraculous it works at all.

I will update the KUAL extension with an interim TOUCH build that we can support until chrox (and/or others) get a full-on solid version flying this is what you get.

I was ecstatic just to see it on the screen myself

will update the Extension to be more general and push the PULL request for the kindlepdfviewer KUAL extension to be in the main application as this extension no longer requires on exporting the shell script and calls it directly.

Fun. yeah few bugs but meh. nice one.

EDIT: And I agree with Hawhill, GIT would be the place to report tested fail-cases.
: )

Last edited by twobob; 02-17-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I agree
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote