View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
What is worse than finding a worm in your Apple? (Half a worm!)

More worms in that popular fruit!

For Apple, Pressure Builds Over App Store Fraud
By EVELYN M. RUSLI and BRIAN X. CHEN
Published: March 15, 2012, NY Times

"In a little over an hour, Ryan Matthew Pierson racked up $437.71 in iTunes charges for virtual currency that he could use to buy guns, nightclubs and cars in iMobster, a popular iPhone game. One problem: Mr. Pierson, a technology writer in Texas, has never played iMobster.

“This was fraud,” said Mr. Pierson, recalling the November incident. “I woke up, checked my e-mail, and I could see these purchases happening in real time.”

Mr. Pierson raised the issue with Apple and his bank, and the problem was eventually resolved. But his experience is hardly unique, as reflected by hundreds of online complaints saying that Apple’s iTunes Store, and in particular its App Store, which the company portrays as the safest of shopping environments, is not so secure..."

"Jian Huang, head of Hoolai Game in Beijing. Hoolai, a game developer, discovered that it was missing payments from Apple."

"Ryan Matthew Pierson, a technology writer, said purchases were made from his iTunes account without his knowledge."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/te...fraud.html?hpw

I have said it before. The worse thing about Apple is the iTunes store.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote