View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #60
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post

For example, Amazon didn't see fit to include numbers on the keyboard (not even as shifted characters), so you have to use the stupid arrow keys to navigate this cumbersome 'virtual' on-screen keyboard for numbers.

For me though, having the more user friendly touch screen interface is really important, because I like to also use some of the publicly available book sites like feedbooks, which offers literally thousands of free public domain titles, and in sorting out the wheat from the chaff, it's important to me that my reader makes browsing through a large numbers of titles as pleasant as possible (even after thousands of titles are loaded on the reader.)
i don't own an ereader, and am considering the 650 and the K3.

your comment about mac vs pc got my attention as i am a long time mac owner even though i have soured a bit on apple recently. but i'm not sure that i understand the above ...

1) is entering a string of numbers on a ereader a common thing? why?

2) since the 650 does not have wifi, how do you browse an online book site?

thanks
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote