View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
How many Kindles have you owned, and which ones were they?
Kindle Keyboard 3G and basic Kindle (more used by my DW)

What made you purchase a Kindle in the first place?
No monthly fee 3G internet for text-heavy web news sites like twp.com; bigger screen than Palm PDA I used to read books on; ending of avantgo.com news service reduced value to me of Palm

What features do you love most about the Kindle?
I like: Integration with search.overdrive.com library borrowing; No fee 3G internet; New York Times Latest News Blog

Do you think that the Kindle Fire will be bigger and better than the iPad?
I'm not a very visual person, so they hold little attraction. I probably won't be the last person in America to have a tablet, but could come close.

Where do you download your e-books?
Physically? From my PC. They get there from Overdrive and Project Gutenberg. I also check out the University of Chicago Press free book of the month. I buy maybe one eBook a year.

Do you have anything to say about the work of Jeff Bezos, who is the creator of Amazon and Kindle?
I don't know that it is exactly correct to say he created the Kindle, although he may have helped set up the subsidiary (Lab 126) that did.

Having one company control such a high percentage of book sales can't be good. Also, he is reportedly a union-buster (yea, I know, that's normal for an American CEO) and doesn't seem to treat people who work for him all that well. Wait until Amazon gets on this list before treating Bezos as any kind of hero. On the other side, and no snark intended in this sentence, I'm under the impression he's a good family man.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote