View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I read library books on my kindle all the time. You need to remove DRM (not illegal for personal use in Canada - yet) and convert formats.
Is that correct? Do you mind if I ask how you know that- what the source is? I've googled that question but could not find an answer.
Thanks.

In terms of the Kindle/Kobo/Sony question, I've had all three. In was frustrated with Sony, because the selection was limited, and was always months behind in offering books that Amazon had.

When it was time to replace my reader, as a Canadian, I saw lots of advantages with Kobo. And their books are cheaper as well, due to the frequent % off sales. So i got one, and it is a great little reader. It is light and very nice to hold with one hand.

However, a while later I had a chance to try the Kindle 3, and was blown away. Though i own both, and use both, depending on where I bought the books, the Kindle is the hands down winner! It's features are wonderful, and it is definitely my preferred reader. (However, I do have mixed feelings about issue of sending my business elsewhere, when Kobo is based in Canada)

Last edited by Victoria; 03-29-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote