View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #170
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenojunk View Post
I’m not modifying to book or trying to get around OPF's Guide items, we are trying to utilize them.
The issue we are having is that we have a Hard Copy book 679 pages and the Kindle e-book
Has no pages just locations . i.e When we are at pg 450, in the hard copy, our kindle users have a difficult time go To that page .
I created a table that corresponds to Pg to location i.e pg 450 =loc 4479
This is ok but still a little inconvenient.

My app Does open the book and Kindle reader but Im still struggling to
Find the commands that after the book opens to go to a particular location.
Once I can find that command.
I can write a script i.e if pg 450 then go Loc 4479
Sorry, I've no idea about using Java to run the android version of the Kindle app.

As an alternative, I beleive that Amazon do have some way of tying page number into a Kindle ebook. Perhaps looking that up in the documentation for Kindlegen will give a way to accomplish what you want without having to write some separate code, and that will work with any Kindle device.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote