View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, as fjtorres correctly says, watermarks are unquestionably a form of digital rights management, so to ask "how do they compare with DRM" is a meaningless question.
I'm well aware of the distinction and similarities, (I've written a post on my blog on the subject a few months ago (Water)Markings ? the "French" alternative ?l), but you're right, I should have made it clear in the subject.

I thank you for pointing it out for other readers.

As kevorkian and JoeD have mentionned, my question was more on "Social DRMs" against "Encryption based DRMs".

While you seem quite versed on the subject, HarryT, perhaps you can help answer the second question: Do Mobi/azw "encryptionDRM" encumbered ebooks contain personal information which can be used to associate the ebook to it's customer, and is that information "cleaned" with the DRMs when the widely available tools are used ?

Last edited by TheSFReader; 09-27-2012 at 07:48 AM.
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote