Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
but I would be prepared to give up the (cold in winter) metal casing for a lighter and smaller device.
The cold in winter never bothered me as much since I always have gloves on, even in the fall, my hands just get too cold! (Pretty sure my fingers and toes being so susceptible to cold are a result of daily ice skating when I was a kid, and never ever going inside to warm up until my fingers and toes felt like they were literally going to break off if I touched them. So now I get frostbite very quickly.)

But reading out in the sun in the summertime is my problem, it does hurt my fingers to touch the metal. Having my reader always in the Sony cover helps, I can hold it by the cover mostly.

But the best cure has been applying a skin to the reader. While it will still feel warm, it's nothing like it was before and never feels uncomfortable to touch. It helped the cold as well, I could feel it sometimes even through gloves, but no more.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote