View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #62
lyric
Enthusiast
lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Let me add my anecdotal evidence to this.

I decided to return my UK launch day paperwhite to Waterstones due to the screensaver debacle, and bought a new PW direct from amazon.

Being a canny chap, I bought the new PW from Amazon before returning the other so I could compare.

The difference is night and day. While my old PW had a yellowish tinge and bands of pink and green, the new one is almost blemish free. Pure white rather than yellowish, and an almost completely regular background with hardly noticeable blobs!

I strongly recommend that those of you battling on with blotchy first-batch PWs return them. I may have been lucky, but my experience shows that good PWs are out there...
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote