View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Relax.

I understand what you're saying as far as pairing genres, and I agree that some - like Science Fiction vs Fantasy are not one in the same - but there are some that do just go together - like Mystery/Thriller/Suspense. As for the Adventure/Travel, I see it as specifying a subsection of adventure.
You can have adventure without being part of travel. You can have thriller without being part of mystery. So really, they don't belong. Also, each month is a singe genre month. We don't have a twisted mess of genres for a given month.

for example, a travelog has nothing to do with adventure but it does belong in travel. So you see, these can and will cause problems if we start allowing the combining of genres that don't go together. In fact, there are no two genres that go together 100%.

Another example, the Vince Flynn book that I just read fits in thriller but not at all in mystery.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote