View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #37
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Actually, hmm, looking at some of the previous posts, I might also add a sub-goal of "read at least one paper book a month".

I do have more than enough unread paper books at home, not all of them bought for shelf-adorning - some were books that I was curious enough about / actually want to read, which looked more gorgeous than the average book in hardback, so I got them only in that shape (as opposed to double-dipping and getting shelf-display paper books of books I've read and adored as ebooks).

I'd also like to finish off a few already started series (I know I will with a few I've been reading, as they'll come to an end in 2014) as I've been dipping into a lot of various series in the last couple of years, mostly in the hopes of finding something new and exciting to keep me going, and with some of them, I had every intention to continue - have even already bought the next book or books.

But that, as well as another sort-of goal/hope to vary my reading a bit more and step outside speculative YA, urban fantasy and cosy mysteries (which I did, somewhat, this year, and was happy about), are a bit too vague to really put down in writing.

It'll all depend on my mood - I'm not going to force myself to read anything I'm not in the mood for, whether it's a book in a started series or something outside my usual preferred genres. I can only hope I'll be in the mood for different things over the year.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote