View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
Abiyasha
Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
eReader for Indonesian

Hellow all,

I just registered less than 15 minutes ago but have been checking here and there about eReader that I'd like to buy

I have a friend who's going back to Canada in April for a month and I'd like him to get me an eReader (my first!) either Kobo or Kindle, since I know, he can get the Kindle through amazon.ca. and Kobo is available in stores in Canada.

The problem is, I live in Indonesia and I have no friends, who are using Kindle or Kobo here, so I really don't know the feel of holding those two. I read all the reviews about both devices, the pluses and minuses and still can't decide which one should I choose. I know it's the most common question here I'm more concerned with my location than anything else.

Let's say, if my friend got me a Kindle/Kobo and he's going back to Indonesia, is it possible for him to buy the books from Amazon/Kobo when he's in Indonesia? Let's say, using his Canadian CC? And I'm thinking about the warranty. Indonesia is far and my biggest concern is, if something happened with the devices I won't be able to use the eReader anymore because of the distance and the fact that shipping back and forth will be sort of annoying, if they can replace it.

So, maybe anyone could help me with this confusion of mine? Any comments will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Abiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote