View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
momtodogs
Lovin' the e-life!!!
momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini
[Old Thread] skipped files on Windows backup

I have been getting this message about Windows backup re Calibre Library, for some time now.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Calibre Library. Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

I haven't done anything about it, because (1) I also use Mozy to backup my data files, (2) I have many other cans of worms around the house, and (3) I'm a procrastinator .

I'm not sure when it really started. Could have been when I upgraded to Windows 7 (64-bit), or when Calibre Update 0.6.17 required deletion of the old, and reinstallation of the new Calibre, or more recently when I had to get a new motherboard installed, and did a complete wipe and reinstallation of my system.

I do know it coincides with the change in location of the Calibre Library in my user folder. It used to be a subfolder in My Documents (C:\Users\xxxxx\My Documents\Calibre Library), and now it has separated itself (I didn't change anything) to C:\Users\xxxxx\Calibre Library.

Since I now have other cans of worms I don’t want to go fishing with, right now, I have decided to open this one.

I realize that, for some, the solution would be to switch to another operating system (non-Windows); however, I have a very intermediate computer skill level. I tried switching from a PC to Mac a few years ago, and that lasted all of 3 days. I have a long learning curve and a short attention span.

Please tell me how I can make sure my precious library is saved properly and automatically.

PS. Calibre is awesome!!

Last edited by momtodogs; 06-30-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: correct punctuation
momtodogs is offline   Reply With Quote