View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
I am using the following method on a rooted NC and using either Aldiko or Overdrive Media Console with no probs whatsoever. I use these because I like to read my epubs in landscape mode and for some totally inexplicable reason the BN reader can't do this!

You must have Astro File Manager installed (free in the Market). Astro allows you to add new file extensions by the following preferences:

Astro settings>Data>Edit File Extensions>New

Extension Name: epub (no period)
MIME Type: application
Subtype: epub

Then Save

Now when you double-click on the ebook file it will ask for whatever reading program you want to use to read, i.e., the reading app that is on your Nook Color. If you have Desktop Visualizer installed (also free in the Market) you can even make a shortcut for your book on your [rooted] Home Screen, e.g., I am using Zeam launcher for my home screen.

Have you discovered a way to associate library books (ADE epub) with Overdrive? Ralban mentioned that perhaps the issue is the file name not being automatically associated with Overdrive. Overdrive is supposed to work with ADE epub books now. When you go to download a library book the web browser just returns junk.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote