View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I guess I'm too strong a believer of environment over genes, because I find it hard to believe she would have anything in common with me - or need to learn anything specific from me - because she wouldn't be ME.

She wouldn't be born to teenage parents forced to marry in a time when abortion was illegal and options were few.

She wouldn't grow up in a time when girls weren't allowed to play organized sports, or when girls were forced to take home ec while only the boys could take "shop".

She wouldn't grow up the oldest of five, with three (of four) of her younger brothers' addictions to drugs and alcohol making her childhood overly stressful and uncertain.

She wouldn't grow up in a world untouched by AIDs (although that epidemic really got off the ground during my college years, the understanding that it affected straight women was still a decade in the future).

She wouldn't be me.

Oh, maybe I'd try to tell her to listen to the dentists and brush her teeth longer, but the other issues in my life that I wish I'd done differently are things I believe I did based on the way I was raised, the environment I was raised in...so her reactions to life should be different.

I probably took this question way too seriously.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 08-09-2010 at 02:01 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote