View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
digicatz
digicatz began at the beginning.

Device: considering the Sony model for the $299, with $150 worth of ebooks +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The PDF support out of the box for the Sony is poor. Your RPG PDF being graphics won't display well. You'd need to use one of the various PDF tools to split it into pieces to read that way. The RPG PDFs are scans of the book. Not too good on the SOny. The screen is too small. To be honest, unless you get the Haneln (sp?) v9, you won't find good PDF support. The iLiad is better with it's larger screen and higher res. But is it good enough?
Actually the PDF's are not scans, these are the files that they print from, if you print it and bind it it will look the same as a regular book except for how it is bound. A friend of mine ordered aq hardcover version of the book, iits pages are identical. I will try printing a page smaller and see. Is the Haneln v9 or the ILiad available in the tates to see in person? The Sony is quite polished. Also the Iliad is $699, how much is the Haneln v9, and what is the support like in the US? Also , I do read a lot as well. RPG' books would just be a bonus, though I would like to if feasable.

digicatz
digicatz is offline   Reply With Quote